Saturday, April 3, 2010

Bible Conference


In February we were blessed to have Dr. Samuel Gipp come to Saint Lucia. He preached a Bible conference, mostly on the King James Bible. On night one he gave the basic background of the Bibles that we have in the world today. Night two was about the history of the translations from the time of the Apostle Paul up till 16ll. Night three he talked about the originals and the advantages of what we have today verses what was available back when. On the fourth night he showed a comparison of several translations with the KJV. (I really enjoyed that night.) The last night he talked about a couple problem text in the KJV. One of such is the word “Easter” in Acts 12:4.
We had a wonderful time. Most of the teaching I agreed with, some I did not. What did happen? I came away from that meeting with a greater appreciation for my Bible. I have read more in the last month that I did months before. I have come to the conclusion that I have heard SOOOO many preachers say be fore. “We don’t read our Bibles enough.”

No comments: