Monday, April 21, 2008

Long winded preacher

This last Sunday was a tough one to get through. We announced that we would be having a morning Sunday School and AM service two or three days ahead. On Sunday morning two young people came. One was the young girl, Tracy, who got saved on week #2. The other might have been her little sister. I really can’t remember. The service was short and sweet. I mostly preached to my family about preparing for future service.
I had intentions on starting the PM service at 6:00, but no one was there. We started right at 7:00 with a few songs and the kids sang a couple of specials. I started preaching about 7:30. I was originally going to preach on the second coming. Before I started I asked if anyone had a question I could answer from the Bible. Thelma asked if I could speak a few minutes about having a Christian family. So, I preached on the duties of fathers, mothers, and children. Then I preached on the second coming, and then I preached a little bit on the purpose of the law. Then I spoke a few minutes about moral living. After a while I noticed my two younger children, 9 months, and 2 years, were really restless and my dear wife was starting to look tired. When I finally looked at the time it was about 10:15. WOW!!! Talk about long winded preacher. I closed the service as quick as possible, and we left for home about 10:30. When we left there were 15 – 18 people still standing outside talking.

No comments: